|Circe turns Scylla into a monster (1695)|
by Eglon van der Neer (c.1635-1703),
full cousin of my ancestor
Jacobus van der Neer (1622-1700)
Varieties in Oera Linda:
AN TJUSTER FROTA (noun: gnawing in the dark) - 1 (nr. of fragment below)
BI.NE THJUSTRE NACHT (adjective: on a dark night) - 9
IN THJÛSTERE WORDE (adjective: in obscure words)
THJUSTERNESSE (darkness) - 3
THJUSTERNISE - 4
THJUSTERNISSE - 5
THJUSTRENESSE - 6, 7
THJUSTRENESE - 8
Compound word of:
THJUSTER (3x) or THJUSTRE (2x)
and suffix NESSE (2x), NESE (1x), NISSE (1x) or NISE (1x)
duister, duisternis (dark, darkness) - Dutch
Düster (grim, gloomy, dark) - German
tsjuster - Frisian
thester - English (obsolete)
ðēostre, ðīestre, ðȳstre - Old English
thiustri - Old Saxon
Possibly related to:
dusk (twilight) - English
tusk (darkness, gloom) - Russian
s-tuštiti se (become cloudy) - Servian
Fragments in Codex Oera Linda:
1. [035/05] THAT.ER EN SLACH FON MÀNNISKA OVIR JRTHA OMME.DWÁLTH. THÉR EVEN LIK HI IN KÀRKA ÀND HOLA HÉMA. THÉR AN TJUSTER FROTA. THACH NAVT AS HI. VMB.VS FON MÛSA ÀND ÔRA PLÀGA TO HELPANE. MEN RENKA TO  FORSINA. THA ÔRA MÀNNISKA HJARA WITSKIP TO RÁWÁNE TILTHJU HJA THAM TO BÉTRE MÜGE FÁTA VMBER SLÁVONA FON TO MÁKJANDE ÀND HJARA BLOD UT TO SÛGANE. ÉVEN AS VAMPÍRA DVA.
that a certain kind of people wander the earth, who, just as he, house themselves in temples and caves, gnawing in the dark. But not as he, to help rid us of mice and other plagues, but rather to invent deceptions, to rob other people of their knowledge so they can more easily seize and enslave them, and suck their blood like leeches.
2. [062/15] THJUS FÁM WAS FVL RENKA. SKÉN WAS R.ANHLITH ÀND KWIK WAS HJRA TVNGE MEN THI RÉD THÉR HJU JEF WAS IMMER IN THJÛSTERE WORDE.
This maid was a trickster. Comely was her face and quick was her tongue, but the advice she gave was always veiled in obscure words.
11b. Death of Frana
3. [084/01] JETA THÛSEND JÉR SKIL THJU SPÉKE THEN DEL NÍGA ÀND AL MARA SÍGA ANDA  THJUSTERNESSE ÀND IN BLOD. OVIR THI UTSTIRTH THRVCH THA LÁGA THÉR FORSTA ÀND PRESTERA.
Yet another thousand years the spoke shall descend, and sink ever deeper into darkness and blood — shed over you through the deceptions of princes and priests.
13c. Death of Adela
4. [093/25] TO MIDNE FONET FÉST.FÍRJA KÉM NÉVIL TO HULLANDE VSA WRDA IN THIKKE THJUSTERNISE.
In the midst of the festivities, a fog came and enveloped our lands in dense darkness.
5. [094/05] LIK ALLE ÀRGA WÉRON HJA HELPEN  THRVCH THJUSTERNISSE. ÀND HINNE GLUPATH THRVCH LINDA.WALD.IS PÁDA.
As with all evil, they were aided by the darkness and had sneaked through the paths of Lindenwood.
15e. Gosa’s Will
6. [142/10] THJUSTRENESSE SKIL HJU IN.OVERNE  GÁST THÉRA MÀNNISKA SPRÉDA LIK TONGAR.IS WOLKA OVIRET SVNNE LJUCHT.
It will spread darkness over the spirit of mankind, like thunderclouds over sunlight.
7. [142/25] THÀT FORMA SKILUN HJA GLORA. ÀFTERNÉI WITH THJUSTRENESSE KÀMPA ALONT ET HEL ÀND KLÀR IN JÁHWLIKES HIRT ÀND HOLLE WÀRTH.
At first they will glimmer, thereafter struggling with darkness until everyone’s hearts and minds become bright and clear.
16e. Gosa: Purity of Language
8. [159/25] ÉVEN BLÍD BRENGTH TÍD THA  SKADLIKA KRUDA AN.T LJUCHT THÉR SÉJED SEND THRVCH BOSA LJUDA. IN.T FORBORGNE AND BÍ THJUSTRENESE.
so time brings to light the harmful herbs that were sown by evil men in secret and in darkness.
19d. Askar Lost to Idolatry
On a dark night, I brought the maidens to the bastion, whereupon they went about dressed in white cloth, haunting the maze of paths so that no one afterwards dared go there.