09 June 2022

website/-shop updates, call for board members and other notes

While waiting for a test print of the book, this and next week I will be further preparing and improving the web shop.

Besides the e-book and the full size (was: 3rd English) edition, there will be options to donate to financially support the Oera Linda Foundation, either by adding a donation to your order, or to just make a donation (once or recurring). This is currently being set up.

Mail or shipping costs are still being calculated by our distributor, especially for orders of more than one book abroad. Therefore, I have not contacted those who have pre-ordered yet. I will do that as soon as these costs have been established and implemented in the store. Again I would like to point out that anyone who has ordered and paid earlier will be offered a partial refund, if applicable. These early payments have been very helpful for the foundation to be able to pay for the initial printing costs.

Once the books are being printed and shipping starts, I will only have to weekly pass on order information to our distributor (and do financial administration), so I will have more time to start working on the long awaited new Dutch translation. Distribution (packing and posting) the previous two editions was much work for me. Surely interesting and instructive, but not something i want to keep doing.

Besides work on the Dutch edition, I intend to further professionalize the foundation and its website.

The Oera Linda Foundation is looking for new board members, preferably (but not necessarily) from the Netherlands, Flanders or northwestern Germany (so we can more easily meet in real life). Please contact me if you are interested and tell me about your experience and motivation.

UPDATE June 18

Next Monday (June 20) a test print is expected as well as a specification of the final variable shipping cost (in particular for larger quantities and to more unusual destinations). This is somewhat later than expected and communicated earlier. The web shop is already operational, taking orders for the full size edition, but from next week on when there is more clarity, all other unpaid pre-orders can be formalized.

Preparations for a German edition have started.


  1. Anonymous22/6/22 22:30

    Unable to pay in US dollars

  2. It should work well, because I get many payments from US, both via Paypal as well as with credit cards and other systems (Stripe); they all aut-convert euro to USD for the client. It could be that the conversion rate is high at the moment. Mail costs are high. With the first book there was a sponsor so all US clients paid $10 for shipment only. Now shipment to US is more than twice as much. Book 48.00 + mail 25.55 = 73.55 Euro, which should be around 80 US $. If you can convince a book shop or other company to order more at once, it will be relatively cheaper, because I can arrange significant discount then.